Sandfly is largely self-maintaining. Outside of the expected installation and upgrade scripts, there are additional scripts provided in the package that can be of aid in certain situations. For example, resetting different configurations or clearing out large backlogs of events.
Install and Upgrade Scripts
These scripts are located in the setup directory and are used to install Docker or upgrade Docker images:
- clean_docker.sh - Used to delete all existing Docker containers prior to an upgrade. Please see the section on Upgrading Sandfly for more information.
- install.sh - Install Sandfly server script.
- install_docker_amazon.sh - Install Docker on an Amazon AMI Linux Image.
- install_docker_centos7.sh - Install Docker on a CentOS 7 system.
- install_docker_debian.sh - Install Docker on a Debian system.
- install_docker_ubuntu.sh - Install Docker on Ubuntu 17 and lower system.
- install_docker_ubuntu18.sh - Install Docker on Ubuntu 18 and 19 system.
- install_docker_ubuntu20.sh - Install Docker on Ubuntu 20 and higher system.
- migrate_es2pg.sh - Upgrades Sandfly 3.0 configurations and migrates the Elasticsearch database to PostgreSQL.
Sandfly Install Scripts
These scripts are located in the setup_scripts directory and are used to install the Sandfly server and SSL keys:
- setup_server.sh - Used to install the base Sandfly server without SSL key generation.
- setup_ssl.sh - Setup the Sandfly SSL keys (unsigned).
- setup_ssl_renew_cert.sh - Renew Certbot signed SSL keys. Optionally, you can just run setup_ssl_signed.sh again if you want a new signed key.
- setup_ssl_signed.sh - Setup the Sandfly SSL keys (signed with EFF Certbot).
System Utility Scripts
These scripts are located in the util_scripts directory and are used to aid in the management of the Sandfly system in various ways:
- delete_sandfly_installation.sh - This script deletes EVERYTHING. Sandfly configurations, database, any other unused Docker volumes on the host, etc.
- offline_packager.sh - A script that is used as part of the Offline Installation process.
- reset_admin_password.sh - Reset the system admin password to a random value.
- reset_db_data.sh - Deletes system alarm and log data, but preserves the configuration data. Useful if you have a large number of alarms you want to purge and start again without needing to reload all your other user data.
- reset_system_password.sh - Resets the system password used by nodes to log into the API. This is only needed if you feel the node password has been compromised and you wish to reset it to something new. Please contact Sandfly for assistance.
Sandfly Administration Scripts
These scripts are located in the start_scripts directory and are used to aid in the administration of the Sandfly application:
- shutdown_sandfly.sh - Use when it is necessary to properly and completely shut down the Sandfly containers in the correct order to minimize problems and messages in error logs.