The top bar contains Sandfly functions for performing quick scans, oversee the task queues, access user settings, see the local or UTC time, system notifications and more.
Sandfly Dashboard Top Bar
The top bar provides the following elements:
- Scan Now - A button to perform an immediate, manual scan.
- Task Queue - Displays the quantity of running scan tasks, node state, and access to the full task view.
- Time - Displays the date and time, click to toggle between UTC and Local Time.
- Display Mode - A button to toggle the GUI between light and dark view modes.
- Account - A menu button with user and system setting options.
Clicking the Scan Now button takes you to the manual scan form detailed later. This allows you to immediately launch a scan against selected hosts.
Clicking the Task Queue button will take you to the full Task Queues view, which shows all active queues and the associated tasks that they are running. Beginning with Sandfly version 4.3.0, the color of the plug icon within the button shows the online state of the nodes collectively.
All Sandfly alerts are generated in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) time. Sandfly has a built-in UTC/Local time clock at the top of every page that you can use to see timezone differences from UTC and your local time. Click on the timezone icon in the clock display of the top bar to switch between the two times.
Sandfly UTC Time Display
Sandfly Local Time Display
User and System Settings
Clicking the User Gear icon allows you to update your user profile information such as password and name. It also provides an option to take you to the Settings page, detailed elsewhere.